Friday, April 24, 2009

Getting started

There are many things in this world that I love, and quilting is definitely one of them!

I learned the basics of piecing quilt tops about eight years ago and soon found out that finishing them is the hardest part of quilting. I struggled trying to tie knots; manual dexterity is not my strong suit. I struggled just trying to do stitch-in-the-ditch with my sewing machine, and even with a walking foot, my lines were not all that straight, and the fabric seemed to pucker in the direction that I was quilting. Free motion quilting? I did OK with that, but my shoulders and neck were tired by the time I got finished with even a medium-size quilt. That's when I decided I NEEDED a longarm quilter! And not just any longarm... I wanted one that worked amazingly well, that was reliable and solid, and -- most importantly -- one I could afford.

Last year I discovered the ABM Innova through an online Yahoo chat group, and as soon as I read about it, I knew this was the machine for me. I believed in it so much, my husband and I decided to become dealers! Now almost a year later, we are operating our At Home Quilting studio in Johnstown, NY, where we teach new longarmers how to get started and rent time on our studio Innova 18. We have also criss-crossed the northeast introducing the Innova to quilters at a variety of quilt shows, from small local guild shows to the bustling MQX show in Manchester, NH in April. We are truly sharing the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment